My Poetry Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area

3 posters

Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area

Post  Lori Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Okay -- help ! I have called Cool Access - they say I am too far from the tower. I have tried First Broadband - but they have not called me back. I have heard Hughs Net will shut you off after using a certain amount each day -- and I will most likely go over that amount

Any suggestions ????? Anyone??? I am using my cell phone as a modem and that is just way to slow..

Thanks - Lori What a Face
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty Internet service

Post  kpulliam Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm

We use Hughes net and have had great luck. We have never been shut down after to much use. And we use it all day long!! When the weather is bad though it can be really slow. Hope that helps!!

kpulliam

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty Re: Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area

Post  Lori Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks Kristi - Laurie said the same thing.. I will check it out again - maybe that's the way to go..
Lori What a Face
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty internet provider

Post  Lauri Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 am

Our card from verizon is faster than first texas broadband most days. They also tend to be down for a day or more any time they have a problem. Last week we were down for almost 3 days.

Lauri

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty internet

Post  Lauri Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 am

You might also talk to the Tracy Citty. I think they have had Hughes for a couple of years and see how their service has been. Our rarely went down when we had them. I have a dish I will sell you cheap.

Lauri

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty Thanks --

Post  Lori Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 am

Okay -- going to seriously consider Hughes Net.. Since I've been using Verizon - I'll be able to get our daily usage and that should tell me what I need from Hughes Net...

Lori What a Face
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area Empty Re: Desperately seeking broadband service provider in Grande Verde Area

Post  Lori Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 am

Okay and the saga continues...

I have mixed reviews on Hughes Net still -- but it may be my only option at this point..

Today I tried North Texas Broadband and got a - no deal from them - which confused me because I talked with a guy at Jack's this morning who is about 2 miles from me and that is who he uses..

Could this be a conspiracy to keep from having internet at my house?? hmmm I wonder.......

-Lori What a Face
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lori Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 am

Okay decided on Wild Blue -- couldn't find anything bad on them and they have a business plan -- so will let you know how that goes.....

-Lori What a Face
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum